Transmedia Storytelling: Is it Important??

Transmedia Storytelling: Is it Important??

Recently I learned about a new topic that I have not heard of before: Transmedia Storytelling. When I first heard this term I thought it meant something totally different from its actual definition. If you're like me and you did not know what this term meant, you're in the right place because I am about to tell you. Transmedia Storytelling is the concept of telling a story or plot across all different types of media platforms and all coming together to form one huge storyline. An example of this could be The New York Times covering the story that incorporates video interviews with people that are vital to the story line, and have other interactive features that add on to the story.
If you want a better idea of what Transmedia Storytelling is watch this link.
I personally like the idea with Transmedia Storytelling because it aids in adding value to the story to learn a little bit more about the situation or event that occurred. Now this concept does not just end here, it can occur across movies, action figures, video and board games. After I learned about this term I started to relate it to all of the different platforms I have seen a certain group of characters.
Leave a comment below to let me know where you have noticed Transmedia Storytelling in your life!

Image result for transmedia storytelling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News: What Should We Do About It?

Research Paper Synopsis- Social Media is causing teens and young adults to develop anxiety and depression.

Closing in on the End