Is Social Media Ruining Our Lives?

Image result for teens engulfed in social media

My alarm goes off, I turn it off and lay in bed for at least five minutes to check Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and my e-mail. As I get ready for the day, I listen to Spotify, grab something quick to eat, and head out the door to go to school. Sometimes when I stop at stoplights I will open any notifications I get and send a few texts. When I get to school, I park and check all of my social media again. After class, I text, look on social media for at least the fourth time of the day, get in my car and turn on Spotify. This is just half of my day and it is already filled with being connected to and on my phone for most of the first half of my morning. 





Technology is consuming our lives and it is very unhealthy. When I walk into restaurants or fast food places almost everyone has their phone out, either on it or sitting next to them. It is sickening to see, but we all do it. The technological advances, which connect us with friends and family near and far is transforming humans to become robots. We often rely on technology to be an outlet for awkward situations, uncomfortable moments, and when we just don't feel like talking.

Being someone that was given a phone around the age of ten (because of sports and piano lessons), I feel as though, when I have children, they will not be given an electronic device until around the same age. It is sad to see young children, starting at the age of one, being entertained by a screen at home, out to eat, and before going to bed. Over time, I believe that these young children will have a lack of communication and a harder time to pay attention in social settings.

It is simple and easy, technology is slowly ruining our lives and will continue to get worse if all generations don't make any changes.

Check out more on why social media is ruining our lives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News: What Should We Do About It?

Research Paper Synopsis- Social Media is causing teens and young adults to develop anxiety and depression.

Closing in on the End